Here is the message outline.
The Power To Be a Witness
- Power – the ability to do something or act in a particular way or the capacity or ability to direct or
influence the behavior of others or the course of events.
- Witness – see an event or change take place or have knowledge of an event or change from
personal observation or experience.
- Why do I need the Holy Spirit?
- Dead and powerless to live a Christian life– John 15:5; Eph. 2:1-4
- People can be classified in 3 Ways
- Natural – I Cor. 2:14; Eph. 4:17-19; Gals. 5:19-21; Rom. 8:6-7
- Carnal – I Cor. 3:1-3; Eph. 4:17-19; Gals. 5:19-21; Rom. 8:6-7; Rom. 7:15-24
- Spiritual – I Cor. 2:15; Gals. 5:22-23; Rom. 8:6
III. How to be filled with the HOLY SPIRIT
- Receive JESUS as your Savior – John 1:12; Matt. 3:11
- Ask by faith – Eph. 5:18
- Daily trust, surrender (crucifying flesh), and rest – Luke 9:23, Rom. 8:13
- Things that block the power of the HOLY SPIRIT
- Grieving (hurting or make sorrowful) the HOLY SPIRIT – Eph. 4:30
- Falsehood & hypocrisy – SPIRIT of Truth -John 14:17
- Doubt, distrust, worry, fear – SPIRIT of Faith-2 Cor. 4:13
- Bitterness, unforgiveness, ungraciousness – SPIRIT of Grace-Heb. 10:29
- Impiety, ungodliness – SPIRIT of Holiness – Rom. 1:4
- Quenching (putting out) the HOLY SPIRIT – 1 Thess. 5:19
- Lack of prayer, reading GOD’S Word, fellowshipping, witnessing